Common Key Word Mistakes
Although you are doing a lot of work to learn about the best key words for your website, you still may be prone to making some common mistakes. Key words, you will learn, are not an exact science. They are rarely easy to learn or to use. However, if you know what type of mistakes to avoid, you are less likely to make them. This can help your website to rank better in the search engines. Not forgetting your ebay sales page, as eBay also uses keywords, and if you happen to have an eBay shop then Google will use your keywords from your description to send people to your sales page.
Mistakes You Could Be Making
What mistakes are you making? If you are unsure, consider the following. You may be one of the many that misunderstands how search engines use key words and how they rank websites based on those key words.
- Overuse: Many people make this mistake. Having too many key words will hurt you. Google and other search engines have designed programs to spot those websites that contain nothing worthwhile but instead contain all sorts of worthless information and are key word stuffed. These systems will penalize you for using too many key words.
- Too Many Types: When you do key word research, chances are good that you will find many types of words to include within your website. In fact, you could wind up with hundreds of options to select from to use within your website. Do not try to get them all in. This too could hurt your key word density, making it too high.
- Lack of Quality Content: Yet another mistake that many web masters make is not having valuable content within their website. They write articles and pages that have very little good information in them. The key word spiders do know this and they do penalize you for doing so.
- Wrong Placement: Not putting your key words in the right places will also hurt you. Do not forget to use them in the titles, metatags, descriptions and in the content itself. This will affect you.
- Not Used Enough: Creating a website that contains a lot of key words but uses those key words only one time is not going to provide you with any real help either. It may even hurt you.
Getting a good balance of key words is the best bet for getting your website to rank well in the search engines. Consider these good keyword tips to help you to avoid these common mistakes that you could be making right now.